Dunstans is a third generation family-owned construction company operating in Wangaratta, Victoria since 1950.
George Dunstan started the company with his son Ray Dunstan in 1950 after purchasing their first piece of plant, a Ford 1945 model truck, predominately servicing the booming timber industry. Due to the rapid growth after the war Dunstans built a red gum saw mill in 1955 to supply major infrastructure projects throughout Victoria. In 1956 Ray and George purchased a D6 8U bulldozer, their first caterpillar which was used for logging and earthmoving.
In 1990 Ray’s sons Ian and Murray took over as directors of Dunstans, Ray still has an active interest in the company aged 83.